Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
If you think mold is growing in your home or business, acting quickly on this potential threat is vital. Third-party mold inspectors can work with you to confirm the presence of microbial growth and create a detailed guideline for our remediation.
The Threat of Mold to Your Home
Understanding the role mold might play in damaging your home is crucial. Improperly managed water damage and flood concerns in your house can result in ideal conditions for mold development. The impact of active colonies on structural integrity and air quality creates an urgency to resolve the threats as soon as possible. We can help with:
- Basement mold remediation
- Attic mold
- Bathroom mold removal
- Mold damage repairs
- Mold Remediation
The Mold Remediation Process
There are multiple types of remediation and mold removal possible. Choosing among the options varies based on our assessment of a materials salvage ability and efficient solutions to get you back in your home. Surface cleaning is the ideal approach, but this is not always feasible to entirely remove active colonies. Often more aggressive cleaning with abrasive media could be necessary.
When Are Mold Damage Repairs Necessary?
There are many instances where the remediation process requires us to complete subsequent repairs and build back services in the house. Controlled demolition is a means of removing mold growth. Our general contractor license also lets us seek out moisture damage allowing mold to grow, and repair these concerns.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (718) 750-9455
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Northern Staten Island?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We are trained mold damage specialists who get started quickly to get your home or business back to normal, with specific training and certifications to handle your restoration needs.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
We invest in the latest equipment and ongoing mold remediation training because it helps us restore your home or business quickly and effectively. We will isolate the affected area using physical barriers and a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (718) 750-9455
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Northern Staten Island is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Staten Island community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 2170 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: